Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Make Your Own Baby Layette


Meet Ella, age 0. I wanted to get lots of cute layette things to get ready for her, but couldn't afford it, sooooo...I made some. From free patterns/instructions I found online. I used a thrifted knit sheet (which I already had) and pink ribbon (which I also already had). Total cost: time.

Hat pattern: prudentbaby.com
Gown pattern: thismamamakesstuff.com
Swaddling blanket instructions (and swaddling instructions): barefoot in the kitchen
Booties pattern (booties not pictured--they don't fit her teeny feet yet): Dorothy was Here

Thank you to these wonderful ladies for sharing their talents so my baby could have something new to wear! I love how they all turned out. What a blessing for my little blessing. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have seen on babycenter.com that there are people who sell and or give away the Zipadee-Zip swaddles from www.sleepingbaby.com I love creating my own supplies or looking for them at discounted prices :) I hope this helps you or other viewers.

    ReplyDelete